Saucy Beef Broccoli
- For the meat
1 pound flank steak sliced
into ¼ inch thick strips
3 cups small broccoli florets
½ cup beef stock
5 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp canola oil
- For the sauce :
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tsp corn starch
- Toss sliced beef in a large bowl with corn starch.
- Heat up some canola oil in a pan over medium heat for a couple minutes. then add sliced beef and cook for a few minutes unitl brown. and remeber to stir frequently. then set aside on a plate.
- Now add the broccoli and garlic to the pan, and stir occationally. Add the beef broth and let simmer until the broccoli is tender, usually takes about 10 minutes.
- While the broccoli is cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix togeather.
- then add the reserved beef and sauce to the pan of broccoli, and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes so the sauce thickens a bit.
- Serve beef and broccoli over your favorite cooked rice.
The ultimate one-pot family meal! A delicious home cooked meal can be this easy.